Collingwood at a glance
Located about 16 minutes northwest of our Hawthorn physio practice, Collingwood is 3km northeast of Melbourne's CBD, and flanked along its western boundary by popular shops, boutiques, cafes, and galleries on Smith Street that hum with tourists. It is close to the lush greenery of the famous Fitzroy Gardens, and the massive green lung of Yarra Bend and Studley Park. A 6-minute drive to Collingwood Children’s Farm, it is well connected by public buses, trams, and train services.
A vibrant suburb in the City of Yarra with a creative vibe, Collingwood features historical buildings including blue-collar cottages and warehouses converted into home offices, art galleries, and Bohemian shops. A favourite in the punk and indie music scene, its restaurants and bars provide a bustling nightlife. It provides a choice of single and double-storey cottages, high rise apartments, and contemporary converted warehouses and townhouses.
To encourage you to stay active, we have listed some great spaces in and around Collingwood for some fresh air and exercise.
- Hamsworth Street Reserve (playground)
- Emerald Street Playground (park)
- Peel Street Park (lawn, rain garden)
- Cambridge Street Reserve (playground, paths)
- Collingwood Children’s Farm (community farm, edible gardens, apiary, bike path, paddocks)
- Fitzroy Gardens (heritage-listed gardens, walkways, fairies tree, model Tudor village, fountains, pavilions)
How Capital Physiotherapy approach healthcare and wellbeing
Physical health is foundational to an enriching lifestyle, and as physiotherapists, we want to help our patients get the most out of life. We encourage you to stay active to optimise all facets of your well being.
To reduce the risk of accumulating negative effects on your wellbeing, it's probably wise to get early assessments and treatment if you experience any pain or discomfort that just won’t go away. Take small and timely actions now, to avoid developing chronic health conditions with hefty bills that may heavily affect your quality of life. If you’re looking for physio near Collingwood, do consider our experienced, versatile and friendly team.
At Capital Physiotherapy, we access, diagnose, treat these conditions and more:
- Neck pain and stiffness including whiplash and wry neck
- Headaches, migraines
- Back pain including disc injuries and pinched nerves, Sciatica
- Dance & sports injuries, assessment & conditioning
- Pre & post-natal conditions
- Workplace injuries and pre-medical assessment
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
- Conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
We love to help. Here are some popular services Capital Physiotherapy provides:
- Work-related stress. As COVID-19 forced many desktop warriors to Work From Home, and bring new challenges for workplace warriors on the road, the mental and physical stress has resulted in more headaches, migraines, neck and shoulder aches, backaches, sleep and fatigue issues, and even carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive stress disorder.
- Women’s wellbeing. Women tend to forget regular self-care, especially for specific conditions encountered during and after pregnancy, breastfeeding, parenting, menstruation, menopause, or other conditions.
- Children’s health. Did you know that physios can help your children not only with remedial issues, but developmental health checks too? We help assess children’s posture, motor skills, balance, joints, muscles, nervous systems, and more.
- Sports injuries. We take a multi prong approach to preventing, diagnosing and treating sports injuries, tailored to suit the individual.
- Chronic pain management. We help people suffering from pain to manage it better, and feel more competent and confident to get out there and get more out of life.
- Tackling obesity. We provide immediate and long term healthcare support for obesity-related challenges.
- Specialised wellbeing protocols. No two bodies are alike, so we make sure we have the expertise in a range of specialist treatments as well like clinical pilates, dance physiotherapy and dry needling.
- Workplace Health Assessment. We are also experienced in pre-employment medicals.
- And much more!
Travel options to your closest Capital Physiotherapy clinic in Hawthorn from Collingwood
If you would like to explore how our range of physiotherapy services could help you improve your health, please feel free to ring us on 0406 067 105 or book your appointment online by clicking the button below.
- By car - 16 to 25 minutes’ drive (1 to 2 hours’ free parking in different locations).
- By public bus and tram services - see Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.
Hawthorn Physio Opening Times
- Appointments Only & Closed on Public Holidays