Snapshot of Glen Iris
Located about 12 minutes south of our Hawthorn Physio practice, Glen Iris is a vibrant neighbourhood only 10km southeast of Melbourne's CBD, with easy access to Monash Freeway and well plied by bus, tram, and train services.
A suburb that sits within the two Cities of Boroondara and Stonnington with Gardiners Creek running through, Glen Iris provides a wide choice of popular schools, houses and apartments, restaurants, cafes, and retail shops.
To encourage you to stay active, we have listed some great space in Glen Iris so do consider visiting one near you for some fresh air and exercise.
- Harold Holt Swim Centre (swimming pools, spa, sauna, hydrotherapy, group fitness)
- Glen Iris Park Wetlands (native flora and fauna, trails, weir)
- Hill’n’Dale Park (BMX track)
- Hartwell Sportsground (2 ovals, cricket, soccer, basketball, netball)
- Ferndale Park (1 oval, footy, cricket)
- Burwood Reserve (pavillion)
- Dorothy Laver Reserve (3 ovals, cricket, soccer, dog training, lacrosse, hall)
- Eric Raven Reserve (1 oval, cricket, lacrosse, basketball, hit-up wall)
- Howard Dawson Reserve (1 oval, cricket, soccer, basketball)
- Nettleton Park (1 oval, footy, cricket, rugby, basketball)
- Summerhill Park (basketball, hit-up wall)
How Capital Physiotherapy approach healthcare and wellbeing
Good health is the foundation for an enriching lifestyle, and as physiotherapists, we want to help our patients get the most out of life. Staying active is great for physical and holistic well being.
To reduce the risk of cumulative negative effects on your wellbeing, it's probably wise to get early assessments and treatment if you experience any pain or discomfort that just won’t go away. Small and timely steps for taking care of your health issues are recommended, so you could avoid developing chronic health conditions with hefty bills that affect you quality of life. If you’re looking for physiotherapy near Glen Iris, consider us.
At Capital Physiotherapy, we access, diagnose, treat these conditions and more:
- Neck pain and stiffness including whiplash and wry neck
- Headaches, migraines
- Back pain including disc injuries and pinched nerves, Sciatica
- Dance & sports injuries, assessment & conditioning
- Pre & post-natal conditions
- Workplace injuries and pre-medical assessment
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
- Conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
To help more people get the care they need, we provide a wide range of preventative and treatment services. We provide private healthcare rebates for more than 10 insurance companies, including NIB First Choice.
- Telehealth consultations
- Clinical Pilates
- Sports physiotherapy
- Workplace assessments
- Pre-employment medicals
- Dry needling
- Pre-pointe assessment for ballet
- Women’s health
- NDIS services
- Ergonomic assessment
To learn more about what we could do for you and your family, contact us for a friendly chat.
Travel options to your closest Capital Physiotherapy clinic in Hawthorn from Glen Iris
If you would like to explore how our range of physiotherapy services could help you improve your health, please feel free to ring us on 0406 067 105 or book your appointment online by clicking the button below.
- By car - 10 to 17 minutes’ drive (1 to 2 hours’ free parking in different locations).
- By public bus and tram services - see Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.
Hawthorn Physio Opening Times
- Appointments Only & Closed on Public Holidays