Capital Physiotherapy welcomes clients from West Footscray, a laid-back inner city suburb that’s popular with families with young children, professionals, singles, stylish trendsetters, and the LGBT+ community.
West Footscray in a nutshell
Located about 7 minutes west of our Footscray physio practice, multicultural West Footscray is a tranquil respite just 9km west of Melbourne's CBD, and well connected by buses, trains, and Princes Highway.
A leafy tree-lined gem in the City of Maribyrnong, West Footscray offers multicultural food stores and dining options, and ample café and restaurant options. Houses range from renovated Victorian/Edwardian homes to townhouses, and medium- and high-density apartments.
We love to support your active lifestyle, so here’s some information on outdoor spaces and facilities in West Footscray for getting some fresh air and exercise.
- RecWest Footscray (gym, group fitness, basketball, futsal, martial arts, meditation, yoga, pilates, dancing)
- Hansen Reserve (3 ovals, tennis, dog off-leash area,
- Yarravale Swim Centre (swimming, lessons)
- Martin Reserve (fitness station, cricket, netball, walking paths)
- Barrett Reserve (cricket, tennis, lawn bowling, playground, skatepark)
- Shorten Reserve (1 oval, footy, cricket)
- Stony Creek (walking paths)
- Bassett Reserve (park, paths)
- Sunshine Railway Line Linear Reserve (fairy tree)
- Johnson Reserve (footy, soccer)
- Gaudion Reserve (playground, rotunda)
- Women’s Circus (hula-hooping, juggling, trapeze, swings, acro-balance, climbing, tumbling)
What you can expect from Capital Physiotherapy Footscray
To support an active healthy lifestyle of holistic wellbeing, our clinic provides physiotherapy near West Footscray through a range of healthcare support services. If you have any minor aches, discomforts or injuries, getting them assessed earlier than later will prevent deterioration and future complications and expensive treatments.
Our healthcare approach is comprehensive:
- Assessing your condition thoroughly and with empathy
- Providing a detailed diagnosis
- Recommending appropriate treatment
- Prescribing appropriate therapies and home exercises
Examples of health conditions we treat at Capital Physiotherapy:
- Neck pain and stiffness including whiplash and wry neck
- Headaches, migraines
- Back pain including disc injuries and pinched nerves, Sciatica
- Dance & sports injuries, assessment & conditioning
- Pre & post-natal conditions
- Workplace injuries and pre-medical assessment
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
- Conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
Other services at Capital Physiotherapy for West Footscray residents include:
- NDIS services (Improved Daily Living category) and working with NDIS Plan Manage companies
- Option of Telehealth consultations during and outside of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Private healthcare rebates for more than 10 insurance providers
- Bulk bill patients under the Enhanced Primary Care Program.
- Insurance cases through Transport Accident Commission (TAC) or Work Cover.
Travel options to Capital Physiotherapy Footscray from West Footscray
If you would like to explore how our range of physiotherapy services could help you improve your health, please feel free to ring us on 03 9687 2544 or book your appointment online by clicking the button below.
- By car - 5 to 12 minutes’ drive (2 to 4 hours’ free parking in different locations).
- By public bus and tram services - see Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.
Footscray Physio Opening Times
- Appointments Only & Closed on Public Holidays