Located about 9 minutes northeast of our Footscray physio practice, charming Flemington is a picturesque suburb 4km northwest of Melbourne's CBD. The famous Melbourne Cup venue Flemington Racecourse commands half its land area, and it is in close proximity to stunning greenery including Maribyrnong River, Royal Park and several wetlands and lakes. It is well connected by buses, trams, and trains, and Citylink freeway, and close to several hospitals.
Nestled within the City of Maribyrnong, tree-lined Flemington predominantly offers private walk-up apartments and public apartment towers, yet also has heritage Victorian and Edwardian terrace houses, semi-detached houses and free-standing houses as residences. The diverse community is well educated and family oriented, enjoys the multicultural choice of cuisine when dining out, and counts community spirit, a highly-ranked public high school, and proximity to the city amongst its attractions.
We love to support your active lifestyle, so here’s some information on outdoor spaces and facilities in and around Flemington for getting some fresh air and exercise.
- Debney’s Park (playground with flying fox, rock climbing wall, multisport court, bike paths)
- Coronet Park (playground, paths)
- Riverside Golf and Tennis Centre
- Royal Park (native flora and fauna, walking trails, tennis, hockey, cricket, playground, off-lead dog area)
- Maribyrnong River (walking trail)
What you can expect from Capital Physiotherapy Footscray
To support a healthy lifestyle of holistic wellbeing, our clinic provides physiotherapy near Flemington through a range of healthcare support services to assist residents in living full and active lives. If you have any minor aches, discomforts or injuries, getting them assessed earlier than later will prevent deterioration and future complications and expensive treatments.
Examples of health conditions we treat at Capital Physiotherapy:
- Neck pain and stiffness including whiplash and wry neck
- Headaches, migraines
- Back pain including disc injuries and pinched nerves, Sciatica
- Dance & sports injuries, assessment & conditioning
- Pre & post-natal conditions
- Workplace injuries and pre-medical assessment
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
- Conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
Our healthcare approach is comprehensive:
- Assessing your condition thoroughly and with empathy
- Providing a detailed diagnosis
- Recommending appropriate treatment
- Prescribing appropriate therapies and home exercises
Other services at Capital Physiotherapy for Flemington residents include:
- NDIS services (Improved Daily Living category) and working with NDIS Plan Manage companies
- Option of Telehealth consultations during and outside of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Private healthcare rebates for more than 10 insurance providers
- Bulk bill patients under the Enhanced Primary Care Program.
- Insurance cases through Transport Accident Commission (TAC) or Work Cover.
Travel options to Capital Physiotherapy Footscray from Flemington
If you would like to explore how our range of physiotherapy services could help you improve your health, please feel free to ring us on 03 9687 2544 or book your appointment online by clicking the button below.
- By car - 8 to 16 minutes’ drive (2 to 4 hours’ free parking in different locations).
- By public bus and tram services - see Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.
Footscray Physio Opening Times
- Appointments Only & Closed on Public Holidays