Capital Physiotherapy welcomes clients from Maribyrnong, a lush picturesque inner city suburb that’s popular with young and highly educated families, professionals, singles, retirees, and trendsetters.
Snapshot of Maribyrnong
Located about 14 minutes northwest of our Footscray physio practice, tranquil Maribyrnong is a friendly neighbourhood 8km northwest of Melbourne's CBD. The multicultural suburb offers an intimate village feel, with street art, cafe culture, quaint boutiques, and independent bookstores. It is home to Highpoint, the fourth largest shopping mall in Australia.
A highly walkable and leafy tree-lined respite in the City of Maribyrnong, Maribyrnong is named after the meandering Maribyrnong river which hugs two thirds of its perimeter, and brings with it plentiful natural riverside parklands and wetlands, which can be enjoyed throughout the extensive Maribyrnong River Trail.
We love to support your active lifestyle, so here’s some information on outdoor spaces and facilities in and around Maribyrnong for getting some fresh air and exercise.
- Maribyrnong Reserve (soccer, footy, former racetrack Tracey’s Speedway)
- Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre (swimming, spa, sauna)
- Maribyrnong River (walking and cycling trails)
- Maribyrnong Family Park (playground, walking and cycling paths)
- Thompson Reserve (elevated view, dog off-lead area, paths)
- Pipemakers Park (playground, eco-museum, outdoor art)
- Coulson Gardens (playground, walking and cycling paths)
- Quarry Park (mountain bike trails)
- Rolling Mill Green (playground, paths)
What you can expect from Capital Physiotherapy Footscray
To support an active healthy lifestyle of holistic wellbeing, our clinic provides physiotherapy near Maribyrnong through a range of healthcare support services. If you have any minor aches, discomforts or injuries, getting them assessed earlier than later will prevent deterioration and future complications and expensive treatments.
Examples of health conditions we treat at Capital Physiotherapy:
- Neck pain and stiffness including whiplash and wry neck
- Headaches, migraines
- Back pain including disc injuries and pinched nerves, Sciatica
- Dance & sports injuries, assessment & conditioning
- Pre & post-natal conditions
- Workplace injuries and pre-medical assessment
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
- Conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
Our healthcare approach is comprehensive:
- Assessing your condition thoroughly and with empathy
- Providing a detailed diagnosis
- Recommending appropriate treatment
- Prescribing appropriate therapies and home exercises
Other services at Capital Physiotherapy for Maribyrnong residents include:
- NDIS services (Improved Daily Living category) and working with NDIS Plan Manage companies
- Option of Telehealth consultations during and outside of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Private healthcare rebates for more than 10 insurance providers
- Bulk bill patients under the Enhanced Primary Care Program.
- Insurance cases through Transport Accident Commission (TAC) or Work Cover.
Travel options to Capital Physiotherapy Footscray from Maribyrnong
If you would like to explore how our range of physiotherapy services could help you improve your health, please feel free to ring us on 03 9687 2544 or book your appointment online by clicking the button below.
- By car - 10 to 25 minutes’ drive (2 to 4 hours’ free parking in different locations).
- By public bus and tram services - see Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.
Footscray Physio Opening Times
- Appointments Only & Closed on Public Holidays