Getting to know North Melbourne
Located about 15 minutes east of our Footscray physio practice, North Melbourne is an eclectic neighbourhood 2km northwest of Melbourne's CBD. It is flanked by the Citylink freeway to the west, and the sprawling inner city greenery of Royal Park to the northeast.
A part of the City of Melbourne, North Melbourne’s multicultural residents call a mix of heritage dwellings, converted warehouses, and contemporary townhouses and apartment complexes home. Residents love that it is close to the CBD, the airport, the iconic Queen Victoria Market, the Docklands, and higher education institutions.
To encourage you to stay active, we have listed some great space in North Melbourne so do consider visiting one near you for some fresh air and exercise.
- North Melbourne Recreation Reserve (footy, boxing, cricket, cycling, hurling)
- Gardiner Reserve (playground, paths)
- Pleasance Gardens (paths, greenery)
- North Melbourne Community Centre (pools, gym, footy, fencing, basketball, group fitness)
- Eades Place Park (playground, paths, fitness station)
- Zero Latency (free roaming team VR gaming)
What you can expect from Capital Physiotherapy Footscray
The beauty of North Melbourne is that it is so close to everything. Many destinations for day-to-day living are a stroll away. We encourage you to get out of your apartment for a stretch and some fresh air, and connect with the community. Regular exercise is an activity that keeps a vibrant life well oiled.
As a provider of physiotherapy near North Melbourne we want to support and encourage you t take care of your wellbeing. For example, don’t wait until small aches and discomforts grow into stressful, painful chronic conditions before you visit us for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow up health plans. earlier than later, so they are less likely deteriorate and create future complications that reduce your quality of life and may require costly treatments.
In a nutshell, here is how we look after our patients:
- Assessing your condition thoroughly and with empathy
- Providing a detailed diagnosis
- Recommending appropriate treatment
- Prescribing appropriate therapies and home exercises
Examples of health conditions we treat at Capital Physiotherapy:
- Neck pain and stiffness including whiplash and wry neck
- Headaches, migraines
- Back pain including disc injuries and pinched nerves, Sciatica
- Dance & sports injuries, assessment & conditioning
- Pre & post-natal conditions
- Workplace injuries and pre-medical assessment
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
- Conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
Other services at Capital Physiotherapy for Ascot Vale residents include:
- NDIS services (Improved Daily Living category) and working with NDIS Plan Manage companies
- Option of Telehealth consultations during and outside of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Private healthcare rebates for more than 10 insurance providers
- Bulk bill patients under the Enhanced Primary Care Program.
- Insurance cases through Transport Accident Commission (TAC) or Work Cover.
Travel options to Capital Physiotherapy (Footscray) from North Melbourne
If you would like to explore how our range of physiotherapy services could help you improve your health, please feel free to ring us on 03 9687 2544 or book your appointment online by clicking the button below.
- By car - 12 to 15 minutes’ drive (2 to 4 hours’ free parking in different locations).
- By public bus and tram services - see Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.
Footscray Physio Opening Times
- Appointments Only & Closed on Public Holidays