Are you experiencing elbow pain when you are doing weight? Typing on the computer? Using your mouse or gripping objects? If yes, we’ll stay tuned because in this video I’ll tell you why you are having this problem and how to go about fixing it!
Experiencing pain on your elbow? If you are experiencing pain inside the elbow, it’s call Golfer’s Elbow and if you are experience pain outside the elbow, it’s call Tennis Elbow
Common aggravating factors for these problems are things like
- Painful while gripping when doing workout in the gym
- Painful when opening a jar bottle
- Painful while brushing your teeth
- Painful while typing/using your mouse
- Painful while carrying/ lifting heavy objects
This has nothing to do with your elbow joint and everything to do with your grip strength.
- Ice and anti inflammatory
- Brace when doing aggravating activities
- Reduce aggravating activities for 1-2 weeks
- Check biomechanics when doing weight lifting (is your shoulder stabilising properly? Is your wrist stabilising the weight properly? All these if not stabilised properly will cause increase in load on your elbow
Keeping in mind these exercises are of general nature and do not take your injuries/history into consideration. In order to fully rehab your discomfort you will still need to continue to progress to harder and more functional strengthening exercises that are specifically tailored for you, in order to feel pain free while working.
Here at Capital Physiotherapy, our physiotherapists are the experts in helping you to fix your issues as well as all the discomfort that comes with it!
We can help you lead a healthier and pain free lifestyle.
Our physiotherapist will be able to give a full assessment on you and come out with individualised advice/ treatment plan that is tailored for your particular needs.
At Capital Physiotherapy, your initial appointment is 40-60minutes long. This allows our physios to be thorough in their assessment, as well as giving them enough time to give you treatment on the same consultation!
You will find us at any of our clinics near you:
We also provide Telehealth Consultation for your safety and convenience during this pandemic.