Depending on your injury and the cause of your injury/discomfort, our physio will assess and offer a vast array on treatment techniques that will suits you best. The following are some of the many treatment techniques that we would recommend and perform.
- Help to relax and enhance the function of joints and muscles.
- Aid in improving range of movement and general body tone.
- Help to relieve pain, swelling, and stiffness
Dry needling is derived from acupuncture, and utilises acupuncture needles
Our certified physiotherapists use dry needling in conjunction with other treatment techniques, with often rapid and significant results. Dry needling can help:
- Decrease pain
- Decrease inflammation
- Promote tissue healing and regeneration
- Restore optimal nerve and muscle function
- Aid in improving range of motions in joints and muscles
Pilates is safe and effective for rehabilitation and ideal for improving performance in a wide range of sport and play. Our qualified physiotherapist will assess and customise a Pilates Programmes that will be best suited for your needs and health goals.
Benefits of Clinical Pilates
- Improved core strength
- Improved posture
- Injury rehabilitation
- Improved performance in sports
- Prevention of muscular strains and sprains
Depending on our assessment, our physiotherapist may recommend electrotherapy such as therapeutic ultrasound and interferential as a treatment techniques. Some of these benefits include:
- Pain relieve
- Improvement of strength
- Improvement of motor control
- Retard muscle wasting
- Improvement of local blood flow
- Tissue repair
Our therapist can perform 2 types of taping, rigid taping and kinesiology taping. The following are some of the benefits of taping.
- Pain relief
- Reduce swelling and inflammation
- Prevent/ relieve spasm and cramp
- Structural support
- Increase body awareness
Rigid strapping tapes provide strong support for joints during high-stress sport activity, minimising excessive joint activity that can cause injury.
The main benefits of rigid taping technique are as follows
- Pain Reduction
- Injury or Re-injury prevention
- Reduction of strain on injured or vulnerable tissues
- Provision of increased passive stability of anatomical structures
- Biomechanical correction
- Muscle inhibition
- Muscle facilitation
- Enhancement of Proprioception
- Compression of Oedema
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, please call us on 0401 865 333 (South Yarra) or 0406 067 105 (Balwyn and surrounding area).