One day you’re at your company desk, the next you’re WFH indefinitely in a pandemic. Here’s how to make your home set up to improve the productivity of your work.
Due to this pandemic, more and more people are working from home at the moment. Albeit working from home has its own perks, it also comes with its own disadvantages.
Here are some easy hacks that you can start doing to make working from home more comfortable and productive for you.
1. Take your time to set up your workstation. We have a video here to show you how you can optimise your workstation at home as close to ideal as possible, so make sure you check them out!
2. One of the disadvantages is that there is no longer a clear separation between work and home space. Most people end up working longer hours as there is no longer a clear separation between working and relaxing areas.
Hence, if possible, try to set a room designated for work only. In that way you will have a specific space at your house that you can relate as a “work area” and anywhere else would be your “relax zone” this will help you find more work-life balance even when you are working at home.
3. Regular stretches throughout working hours.
Here’s a video that will help break up your long working days and will help prevent tightness build up from prolonged sitting.
4. Regular exercises. Try to find 30-45 minutes daily doing any exercise that you enjoy. This will help keep your cardiovascular fitness and general strengthen and joints mobilities but it will also significantly help out your mental load in these difficult times.
5. Reducing the reflection of your monitor screen. Minimal reflection on screen – if there is glare, try tilting the screen slightly downwards. This will reduce neck tension by leaning too forward towards the screen and also minimise eyes focusing fatigue.
If after trying out all these hacks and tips and you are still experiencing aches and pain, it’s time for you to seek some professional help.
Here at Capital Physiotherapy we can help you accurately diagnose and treat your aches and discomfort.
If you still have issues with your pain or if you wish to continue your rehab for full rehabilitation of your issues, we strongly encourage you to book a session with one of our fully qualified physiotherapists at Capital physiotherapy. Our physiotherapist will be able to give you more individualised advice that is tailored for your particular needs.
At Capital Physiotherapy, your initial appointment is 40-60minutes long. This allows our physios to be thorough in their assessment, as well as giving them enough time to give you treatment on the same consultation!
For any physiotherapy related concerns, visit our clinic in Footscray or any of our clinics near you, or make an online booking here. We also provide Telehealth Consultation for your safety and convenience during this pandemic.