About Port Melbourne
Located about 7 minutes south of our Footscray physio practice, multicultural Port Melbourne is a heritage-protected suburb 3km southwest of Melbourne's CBD, and where Station Pier Cruise Ship Terminal is located. Besides being a maritime transport hub for cargo, luxury liners, naval vessels and ferries (including the ones to Tasmania), it is well connected by buses, trams, high-frequency light rail, as well as the West Gate Bridge, West Gate Freeway, and Citylink freeway.
A bustling part of the Cities of Melbourne and Port Philip, bustling Port Melbourne is the home of residents with lifestyles both luxurious and humble, and migrants old and new. Its distinctive localities include Fishermans Bend, Garden City, and Beacon Cove. Houses range from Victorian cottages to semi-detached houses to contemporary apartment towers and housing developments.
We love to support your active lifestyle, so here’s some information on outdoor spaces and facilities in Port Melbourne for getting some fresh air and exercise.
- Fishermans Bend (fishing, boating)
- Westgate Park (birdwatching, walking trails)
- Lagoon Reserve (playground, paths, off-leash area for dogs, sports pavilion, cricket, soccer, native flora and fauna)
- New Beach (swimming)
- Port Melbourne Beach (swimming)
- South Melbourne Beach (swimming)
- Princes Pier (fishing)
- Lagoon Pier (fishing)
- Maritime Cove Community Park (maritime-themed playground)
- Sandridge Beach (swimming)
- Buckingham Playground, basketball, netball, off-leash dog area)
- Centenary Reserve (outdoor pingpong)
- Port Melbourne Yacht Club (sailing)
What you can expect from Capital Physiotherapy Footscray
To support a healthy lifestyle of holistic wellbeing, our clinic provides physiotherapy near Port Melbourne through a range of healthcare support services to assist residents in living full and active lives. If you have any minor aches, discomforts or injuries, getting them assessed earlier than later will prevent deterioration and future complications and expensive treatments.
Services at Capital Physiotherapy for Port Melbourne residents include:
- NDIS services (Improved Daily Living category) and working with NDIS Plan Manage companies
- Option of Telehealth consultations during and outside of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Private healthcare rebates for more than 10 insurance providers
- Bulk bill patients under the Enhanced Primary Care Program.
- Insurance cases through Transport Accident Commission (TAC) or Work Cover
Examples of health conditions we treat at Capital Physiotherapy:
- Neck pain and stiffness including whiplash and wry neck
- Headaches, migraines
- Back pain including disc injuries and pinched nerves, Sciatica
- Dance & sports injuries, assessment & conditioning
- Pre & post-natal conditions
- Workplace injuries and pre-medical assessment
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
- Conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
Our healthcare approach is comprehensive:
- Assessing your condition thoroughly and with empathy
- Providing a detailed diagnosis
- Recommending appropriate treatment
- Prescribing appropriate therapies and home exercises
Travel options to Capital Physiotherapy Footscray from Port Melbourne
If you would like to explore how our range of physiotherapy services could help you improve your health, please feel free to ring us on 03 9687 2544 or book your appointment online by clicking the button below.
- By car - 7 to 16 minutes’ drive (2 to 4 hours’ free parking in different locations).
- By public bus and tram services - see Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.
Footscray Physio Opening Times
- Appointments Only & Closed on Public Holidays